Elk Grove resident Barry Pope, an engineer with the city of Elk Grove, said he went outside to check on the sprinkler system of his building and found his floor to be"aluminum" Then he proceeded to transfer the sprinkler heads right into position, but in that time"we got an issue."
When firefighters arrived, they discovered that the electric system was destroyed by smoke and fire. In the procedure for fire recovery, the electric system has been disconnected, the circuit breakers were tripped, and the main energy of this building was cut away. As the fire raged through the building, cables were going off the building's power, sparking fires from the water heater and above the boiler rooms.
Fire cleanup crews started to remove the wood from the roof and flooring, which were a significant source of hot spots and heat during the flame. It had been an easy task, but the mould remediation of this area remained for a complex endeavor, particularly after the ground got wet from water flowing from the sprinkler system.
"If you do not know how to clean mold, you don't know what to do if it has to do with the fire clean from your own building," Silvester said. In cases like this, the firefighters did not have the necessary equipment for tracking the mold conditions, and the control group only had enough water to finish the fire cleanup a portion of the work, but a day's worth of water was enough to saturate the entire building.
The Elk Grove Fire Department is working to complete the fire wash up and clean up. The entire structure needs to be professionally cleaned before the major power is restored. However, the mold remediation of this construction will need a new water system to be set up, as well as new pump systems, in order to clean up the construction.